Regular Commissioners Court Meeting
Jim Hogg Co. Courthouse, 102 E. Tilley
Hebbronville, Tx 78361
October 13, 2015
Call to Order By the Honorable Humberto Gonzalez County Judge
1. Roll Call By the Honorable Zonia G. Morales, Jim Hogg County Clerk
I. Pledge of Allegiance
4. Public Comments - This Section Provides the Public the Opportunity to Address the Commissioners Court on Any Item on the Agenda. Members of the Public Wishing to participate Must Register on the Public Participation List Specifying Which Agenda Item they Wish to Comment on.
5. Adoption of Minutes
6. Departmental Reports
7. Approve Bills
8. Approve Payroll for 10/09/1S.
10. Dispense With Regular Order of Business.
Reports and Presentations
Deliberate and Consider on the Following Items
11. Budget Amendments and/Or Budget Line Item Transfers.
A) Amend and Transfer From 11-420-407 Emergency Use to 11-420-340 Motorpool Travel and Meals. [Requested By Gloria Benavides, County Treasurer]
12. Fermin Alfaro to Present Complete Update on Computers, Pending Invoices and Discuss Technology Maintenance Contract.
13. Approve Proposal From Mario Delgado, TRC Telecom Rep., for the New Phone System (VIOP) Pending Legal Review of the Contract.
14. Consider and Possibly Accept Repairs to Annex Building From Jessie’s Roofing.
15. Review and Possibly Accept Janitorial Services Bid.
16. Approve Interlocal Agreement With the Regional Public Defender for Capital Cases Ratified As of 10/01/15.
17. Approve Consultant Contract Between Javier Zambrano and Jim Hogg County for Grant Writing and Related Activities. [Requested By Javier Zambrano]
18. Consider Purchasing of a Table for the Jim Hogg County Fair Anniversary Gala on Nov. 28,2015. Table for 10 Is $400.00.
19. Increase Rudy Gutierrez State Salary From $21,950.00 to $23,333.00. [Requested By Gloria Benavides, County Treasurer]
20. County Clerk Requested Approval of Archive Fee of $10.00 Effective 01/01/16. [Requested By Zonia G. Morales, County/District Clerk]
21. Accept Letter of Resignation and Remove From County Payroll Ruben Gonzales Effective 09/29/15.
22. Authorize County Clerk to Advertise for Certified Dog Catcher.
23. Approve Nadin (VIASALA) Contract (Aviation Support and Maintenance Services) for the Jim Hogg County Airport.
24. Approve Acceptance Award and Grant Budget for Stonegarden Fy 2014, Sept. 01, 2014 Thru Feb. 28,2016 and Approve $75,000 Startup Monies to Be Transferred From SWBPI Fund. [Requested By Sheriff Alarcon]
25. Transfer Bobby Tolentino to the New MCU Grant #1856510 As Agent Til 09/30/2016. [Requested By Sheriff Alarcon]
26. Approve Acceptance Award for Title Iii.
A) Authorize County Auditor’s Office to Use the Same Fund As Last Year Grant (Fund 123).
B) Approve Budget (Oct. 1, 2015 Thru Sept. 30, 2016)
C) Approve $ 10,000 Startup Monies to Be Transfer From SWBPI Fund. [Requested By Petra Garcia]
27. Approve Da forfeiture Budget. [Requested By Rudy Gutierrez]
28. Hire Anna Rodriguez As a Part-Time Clerk to Work 25-30 Hrs/Wk With the County Attorney’s Office, to Be Paid at the Rate of $8.75/Hr. From the County Attorney Line Item for Part-Time Employee Salary Effective 10/01/15. [Requested By Rudy Gutierrez]
29. Approve 2015 Tax Roll [Requested By Norma Hinojosa, Tax Assessor/Collector]
30. Approve Continuation of Temporary Employment of Letty Flores at the Tax
Assessor/Collector’s Office to Be Paid From 10-510-104 at the Rate of $8.75. (Requested By Norma Hinojosa, Tax Assessor/Collector]
31. No Salaries to Be Paid Out of the SWBPI Account. [Requested By Commissioner Sandalio Ruiz]
32. Accept Appointment of Court Bailiff and Grand Jury Bailiff As Submitted By District Judge Ana Lisa Garza.
33. Hebbronville Food Pantry Security Issues
• Break In on Missing Items Reported to Sheriff’s Dept.
• Need to Re-Key the Building.
Resolutions and Proclamations
34. Review and Approve Employee Policy on Vacation Hours.
Note 1 Gov’t Code Ann 551.071, Consultation With Attorney Note 2 Gov’t Code Ann 551.072, Real Property
Note 3 Gov’t Code Ann 551.074, Personnel Matters
Note 4 Gov’t Code Ann 551.076, Security
the Commissioners Court Will Consider the Following Items In Executive Session. the Commissioners Court May Also Consider Any Other Matter Posted on the Agenda If
there Are Issues That Require Consideration In Executive Session and the Commissioners Court Announces That the Item Will Be Considered During Executive Session.
Pursuant to the Authority Granted Government Code, Chapter 551, the Commissioners Court May Convene a Closed Session to Discuss Any of the
Above Agenda Items. Immediately Before Any Closed Session, the Specific
Section Or Sections of the Government Code, Chapter 551 That Provides Statutory
Authority Will Be Announced
Dated This 9th Day of October, 2015
By Humberto Gonzalez, County Judge
Certification of Notice and Posting
I, the Undersigned, County Clerk, Do Hereby Certify That the Above Notice of Meeting of the Jim Hogg County Commissioners Court, Is a True and Correct Copy of Said
Notice, and That I Posted a True and Correct Copy of Said Notice on the Bulletin Board at the Courthouse of Jim Hogg County, Texas, at a Place Readily Accessible to the General Public at All Times on the 9th Day of October, 2015 at 1:20pm and Said Notice Remains So Posted Continuously for at Least 72 Hours Preceding the Scheduled Time of Said Meeting.
Dated This 9th Day of October, 2015.
By Zonia G. Morales, County Clerk