Jim Hogg County Job Posting Notice
Fill out application here.
DEPARTMENT: Jim Hogg County Library
JOB TITLE: Librarian
LOCATION: JHC Library 210 N. Smith, Hebbronville, Tx.
HOURS: May include evenings and Saturdays as assigned
SUBMIT APPLICATION: Jim Hogg County Clerk’s Office
PHONE: 361-527-3015 ext. 1501
OFFICE HOURS: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements
- Librarian certification from ALA preferred but not required.
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree in Education from a state accredited institution, with a major in reading, language arts, fine arts or other related areas.
- Previous library work desired
- Experience with computer software and technology, preferably use of electronic catalog
- Experience with PC maintenance desirable
- Supervisory experience beneficial
- Internet search skills
- Working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office
- Experience in accomplishing objectives within team setting
- Good communication skills, oral and written
- Must pass background check
Primary Job Duties
- Provides readers advisory reference service including on-line computer searching for children, young adults and adults, as needed
- Maintain and develop the library collections, including print, audiovisual and electronic resources.
- Plans and coordinates children’s services and programs, including summer reading programs
- Supervises part-time library assistants who participate in daily library work.
- Assists in budget development to meet library goals.
- Develops a public relations program for the library to reach out to the community.
- Attend and participates in professional activities, conferences and committees
- Maintains an awareness of professional trends, methods and ethics.
- Performs other work as needed
Posted August 11, 2016