Jim Hogg County Job Posting Notice
Fill out application here.
JIM HOGG COUNTY VETERANS SERVICE OFFICER
JIM HOGG COUNTY IS ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR VETERANS SERVICE OFFICER.
APPLICATIONS MAY BE OBTAINED AT THE JIM HOGG CO. COUNTY CLERK’S OFFICE, 102 E. TILLEY, HEBBRONVILLE, TX.
DUTIES AND QUALIFICATIONS:
▪ Assist the veterans in filing claims for benefits available such as disability compensation, health care, pensions and home loans.
▪ Provide transportation for veterans medical appointments at V.A. clinics in Laredo, Harlingen, Edinburg, Corpus Christi.
▪ Maintain active files on all veterans claims.
▪ Provide monthly reports to the county judge and commissioners.
▪ Assist the veterans in ordering medication.
▪ Maintain travel log for veteran’s medical trips and maintenance, fuel logs.
▪ Must be a veteran in good standing.
▪ Valid Texas Driver’s License is required.
▪ Must be physically able to assist veterans in and out of the service van and into medical facilities.
The position is a part-time employee position with no health insurance benefits.
($9.13 @ hour, 4 hrs. per day) Applications will be accepted until October 20th 2016.
Employment begins October 25th, 2016.